Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsrivastav
Level 7

Virtual Keyboard up notification from ROKU DVP

Is there a way to obtain notification from Roku to know when a search virtual keyboard has been popped up?
Is it possible to connect to any port and get this notification. The reason for asking it is simple:

The virtual keyboard is cumbersome to use, if I can pull up a keyboard on the handheld app, when there is such a notification, it would be neat.
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
kbenson
Level 7

Re: Virtual Keyboard up notification from ROKU DVP

I doubt it, but check the ExternalControlGuide PDF in the SDK docs.

Then again, having a simple toggle switch to bring up the virtual keyboard on your remote app should be pretty simple.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
pirey4
Level 7

Re: Virtual Keyboard up notification from ROKU DVP

"vsrivastav" wrote:
Is there a way to obtain notification from Roku to know when a search virtual keyboard has been popped up?
Is it possible to connect to any port and get this notification. The reason for asking it is simple:

The virtual keyboard is cumbersome to use, if I can pull up a keyboard on the handheld app, when there is such a notification, it would be neat.
Thanks

The External Control Guide defines how to directly enter characters into the virtual keyboard from a remote app. You don't need a notification from the Roku. See this link for an example of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlYhsEEw_9Y. The keyboard example begins 30 seconds into the video.
0 Kudos