Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsrivastav
Visitor

Virtual Keyboard up notification from ROKU DVP

Is there a way to obtain notification from Roku to know when a search virtual keyboard has been popped up?
Is it possible to connect to any port and get this notification. The reason for asking it is simple:

The virtual keyboard is cumbersome to use, if I can pull up a keyboard on the handheld app, when there is such a notification, it would be neat.
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kbenson
Visitor

Re: Virtual Keyboard up notification from ROKU DVP

I doubt it, but check the ExternalControlGuide PDF in the SDK docs.

Then again, having a simple toggle switch to bring up the virtual keyboard on your remote app should be pretty simple.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
pirey4
Visitor

Re: Virtual Keyboard up notification from ROKU DVP

"vsrivastav" wrote:
Is there a way to obtain notification from Roku to know when a search virtual keyboard has been popped up?
Is it possible to connect to any port and get this notification. The reason for asking it is simple:

The virtual keyboard is cumbersome to use, if I can pull up a keyboard on the handheld app, when there is such a notification, it would be neat.
Thanks

The External Control Guide defines how to directly enter characters into the virtual keyboard from a remote app. You don't need a notification from the Roku. See this link for an example of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlYhsEEw_9Y. The keyboard example begins 30 seconds into the video.
0 Kudos