Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LLDM_channel
Binge Watcher

Videos not showing up on 'others' Roku devices

Jump to solution

I have loaded my videos and the channel is public! I have had 3 people in a row tonight download the channel and they all have told me that they cannot see any videos on the channel. They see the searc hand it does not work. They see the logo and splash screen but that is it... WHAT is the problem????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Videos not showing up on 'others' Roku devices

Jump to solution

I installed it and can confirm your woes. Its possible that you published it over the weekend and

Roku simply hasn't had a chance to vet it yet. I encourage you for your efforts be patient.

Ask one of the admins tomorrow.

Ive found in life a little patience can produce Lifes greatest Movements.

Whereas if you rush things its usually not as gratifying.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So you created a Private Channel and it wont stream.

Without knowing what software platform you used I can only guess

that the video's are of an unsupported standard.

Either way this post belongs HERE.  

0 Kudos
LLDM_channel
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well let me try to tell you like this.... My channel is PUBLIC and free in the channel store. I have put up a bunch of videos via direct publisher and I can see them. I send my friends to the channel and they cannot see a darn thing.... As I said, I am on direct publisher and the JSON is working perfectly....

What happens is simple... You go to the channel store and look up "laptop Lifestyle Dig Marketing" and you will see the channel. The images there are NOT the ones that should be there, but that is another issue I need help with. You can install the channel. When you go to watch the channel, there is NO content videos on it.

I am at a loss here to figure this issue. I am using Smart TV plugin and my videos are hosted on AWS. As I said, the JSON is fine... I can watch the videos on my TV. My partner can watch them on his TV... But that is it!

I sure hope this is enough info that you can give me a little advice how to fix it... As I said, I have been approved and the channel is public and free....

https://my.roku.com/add/XC6CJK  this is a direct link to the channel if you can help me....

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I installed it and can confirm your woes. Its possible that you published it over the weekend and

Roku simply hasn't had a chance to vet it yet. I encourage you for your efforts be patient.

Ask one of the admins tomorrow.

Ive found in life a little patience can produce Lifes greatest Movements.

Whereas if you rush things its usually not as gratifying.

0 Kudos
dshiftnetwork
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you ever get an answer to your question?  I am having the same problem.  The channel is approved, but there are no videos to watch.  Please let me know how you resolved your challenge.  

0 Kudos
dshiftnetwork
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you ever receive a response to your question?  Please tell me how you got your channels to show up as I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos