Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agmark
Visitor

Videoplayer Category Levels

I haven't used the videoplayer example much so I'm not totally familiar with the code structure. Is the channel capable of adding additional Category levels to allow for deeper filtering? The example just uses the filter banner for a single layer, but I'd like to create deeper levels. Is this possible by modifying the XML files or does the channel code require changes? If you've done this, would you mind sharing what modifications are needed?
TIA
Mark
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Trevor
Visitor

Re: Videoplayer Category Levels

This can't be done by just editing the XML, you have to edit the code. As it is now the example runs the top level (or the category level) of the menu from appHomeScreen.brs then when a category is selected it loads its feed XML and displays it with appPosterScreen.brs, which displays things in a category leaf style (so the categories there run along the top of the screen) and then when something is selected there it displays it with appDetailScreen.brs. So you'd have to build in the functionality to display deeper regular categories as well as build in functionality to load in the changes to your XML files so you can define deeper categories in them.
*** Trevor Anderson - bloggingwordpress.com - moviemavericks.com ***
0 Kudos
agmark
Visitor

Re: Videoplayer Category Levels

Thanks Trevor. That's what I was thinking after digging into it a little more. I think I'll fall back to another solution instead of trying to hack this one.
0 Kudos