Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcb871
Channel Surfer

Video volume control/mute

Hi Roku Team,

I am trying to develop a simple video player on my Roku Stick (3600X) with Git Hub Sample
https://github.com/rokudev/sample-chann ... hannel.zip

I tried setting the Mute property of Video node in onKeyEvent. It updates the value but do not actually mute the video.
Even supplementaryAudioVolume does not do anything to the volume.

Is there a way to control volume, mute the video node from Bright Script? Could you please help me with this?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
bojancv
Visitor

Re: Video volume control/mute

As stated in the docs the suplementaryAudioVolume field is Available since firmware version 8.

But the question remains what does this field actually do? I have a roku with correct firmware version but changing this fields yields no effect on the audio volume. 

This field sets the volume of the description tracks separately from the main audio track.  Is there a way to control the volume of the main audio track?[/font][/color]
jcb871
Channel Surfer

I thought this is not feasible in Roku. But recently noticed that Youtube channel supports controlling volume from Android mobile. Could anyone give some sample code to implement this (control video volume programatically) in a custom channel via brightscript code?

Thank you
0 Kudos
jcb871
Channel Surfer

Please provide an API similar to Trigger or AudioSource to control volume of Video node.

0 Kudos