Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudo97
Visitor

Video-node's audioTrack field

Hello, I have an issue with the video.audioTrack field. It reads:
The track identifier of the audio being played. Reading this field will return the track identifier of the audio being played, and writing this value will change the audio track

But it is always an empty string, so I don't know which audioTrack among availableAudioTracks is currently being played. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
sudo97
Visitor

Re: Video-node's audioTrack field

Please, Help
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

OMG They gonna kill me
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

How many people out there use multiple audio tracks on Roku?  And then are any of them reading this forum?  You might need to email partnersuccess@roku.com for help with this one.
0 Kudos
Estebanicho
Visitor

For people still facing this issue in 2019, I have found out that Roku firmware (version 9.1.0 in my case) returns an empty string unless the audioTrack property on the Video node is set explicitly by whichever means available to final users or developers.

On a Scene Graph Video node, this means that a video that just starts playback will not produce a usable value for the audioTrack property, but that the Video node will start reporting the correct value after setting it either via the * key on the remote control, or by setting the audioTrack property itself, which is something I have done (as a channel developer) using a custom command based on ECP roInput.

Obviously, this is unexpected behavior and as such I would consider it to be a bug on the firmware.
0 Kudos