Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Video Games on the Roku

"brandon15811" wrote:
If it is a web-based trivia game, I could help with the server-side code

I'd like to put something together, but my plate is kind of full right now. Maybe in a month or so I'll be able to look at it.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

O
"renojim" wrote:
"brandon15811" wrote:
If it is a web-based trivia game, I could help with the server-side code

I'd like to put something together, but my plate is kind of full right now. Maybe in a month or so I'll be able to look at it.

-JT

Okay, thats cool
0 Kudos
ryanxwalton
Visitor

I remember when I was a kid, I had this handheld Jeopardy game where you did all the common jeopardy stuff, but instead of typing in the answer, you have four buttons marked A, B, C, and D. What would be the possibly of maybe convincing the people who make Jeopardy to create a channel that lets you play Jeopardy all you want, like maybe a one player against the computer, or two or more where you share the remote?
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.
0 Kudos
ryanxwalton
Visitor

Re:

"billc124" wrote:
Nobody cares about those kind of games anymore. They all want Wii and XBox stuff. Someone could do it for fun, but there is no money in that idea.

That's not true. I don't play Wii or Xbox. I play games like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Price is Right, and Who wants to be a millionaire.

I was discussing this with my gf tonight, and I came up with the conclusion that all those games CAN be made for the Roku, and the remote would be absolutely perfect for it.
0 Kudos
ryanxwalton
Visitor

Here's my two cents on all this discussion.

It's awesome that you're letting all these people develop channels for you, but you're not gonna survive if the vast majority of your content is coming from home brew channels. You HAVE to get a lot more big name companies into this too. They have more people, money, experience, and resources to make channels that will work 98% of the time, and people already know who most of these companies are, and can trust in their work.

If you want to take your company from making millions to possibly making billions, you have to embrace this concept, and live by it.

There..that's my two cents.
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

you're not gonna survive if the vast majority of your content is coming from home brew channels.

Isn't the vast majority of content in the Apple App store home brew? thousands of indie programmers doing their indie thing...
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
DaBrain888
Visitor

I'd like to see a scrabble like game where users can play against other users. My elderly Mom and kids would love it! 😉
Brian
FAIRVIEW, PA USA
7.1 Mbs DSL on Sony Wega LCD HDTV 46 inch using HDMI, Optical Audio and wireless "XDS Roku" feed
0 Kudos