Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbrakken
Level 7

Vanishing description bubble with different poster styles

Hello,

I have a gridscreen I'm using as a home screen on a channel. The top row is a series of menu options, with lists of content below. When I SetListPosterStyles all to the same style, the description bubble remains, just as though I didn't declare styles. However, if I have rows with different poster styles (["square", "portrait", "portrait"]), the description bubble vanishes as soon as I switch rows.

I'm using a mixed-aspect-ratio grid with a display mode of scale-to-fill, if that matters.

Thanks for any help, and please let me know if I should supply more info or code.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheEndless
Level 7

Re: Vanishing description bubble with different poster style

The "mixed-aspect-ratio" grid has a lot of little idiosyncrasies like that. If you add a call to roGridScreen.SetDescriptionVisible(True) to your isListItemFocused() event, it should ensure the description bubble is visible. It'll still disappear when switching poster formats, but it should at least re-appear for you.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
mbrakken
Level 7

Re: Vanishing description bubble with different poster style

That does the trick! Thanks!
0 Kudos