Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbrakken
Visitor

Vanishing description bubble with different poster styles

Hello,

I have a gridscreen I'm using as a home screen on a channel. The top row is a series of menu options, with lists of content below. When I SetListPosterStyles all to the same style, the description bubble remains, just as though I didn't declare styles. However, if I have rows with different poster styles (["square", "portrait", "portrait"]), the description bubble vanishes as soon as I switch rows.

I'm using a mixed-aspect-ratio grid with a display mode of scale-to-fill, if that matters.

Thanks for any help, and please let me know if I should supply more info or code.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Vanishing description bubble with different poster style

The "mixed-aspect-ratio" grid has a lot of little idiosyncrasies like that. If you add a call to roGridScreen.SetDescriptionVisible(True) to your isListItemFocused() event, it should ensure the description bubble is visible. It'll still disappear when switching poster formats, but it should at least re-appear for you.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
mbrakken
Visitor

Re: Vanishing description bubble with different poster style

That does the trick! Thanks!
0 Kudos