Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDPSS555
Visitor

Updating existing published Channel

Hi,
I have a question I hope I can get some direction here.  I published a channel using InstantTvChannel Framework. Nice tool and everything went fine with that effort. I've since developed a channel that does not use that Framework and I want to update the existing published channel. It's unclear to me how to go about that. 
The SDK docs are a little confusing. It states under "Manage My Channels", to select the channel,  then "Package Upload" to submit a new version. The only entry selectable is the "Vanity Code".  There are no options.
Any inputs appreciated,
-Dennis
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Updating existing published Channel

The SDK docs are a little confusing.

It sounds like InstantTV has control of your channel updating ( not surprising) so you will have to ask them how to make the transition. The "package Upload" page usually has a version, minimum firmware, and upload package buttons. 
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

Instant TV Channel does not have control of channel updating - instead it's done by each developer in their own Roku account. So you should be able to replace the Instant TV Channel Pkg file/code with your own. The process would be pretty much the same as when you were using Instant TV Channel.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Thanks OddScott for straightening me out. Maybe the OP is confused where they were, because vanity code is on the first page of the channel submitting process.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

No problem. I was also wondering whether this might be a Direct Publisher channel instead of an SDK channel.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos