Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dawnrose

Updates that disrupt mobile app remote xcon

The Roku remotes burrn through batteries to an unacceptable level. I thought using the Roku app on my iPhone would be a smart idea. It was until either Google, Apple or Roku decided to force an update down our throats that has since been nothing but aggravation. Literally, every eight seconds, the device disconnects from the Wi-Fi. Even if I try to connect manually or go through the settings, it’ll just pop up with a message that there’s no power to the device or it’s not connected to the Wi-Fi. Meanwhile my TV is on and I was just  using the app. I have sent an insufferable amount of complaints, emails and chats, and you know you can’t even get people on the phone. Ive received absolutely no resolution. The one person who I was chatting with simply told me they had no idea what to do and I should just delete the app and reinstall it, just before he hung up. This is after I told that person  I deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times. Jumping through all the hoops, from forgetting the network information to setting everything up over and over and over, Roku has become too much of a hassle. Unless Roku, Apple and Google come up with a fix I will be shopping  for a better option. I understand developers need to justify their jobs, but when you decide to create a problem for a new update, at least be willing to address the problem to correct it. It’s obvious I’m not the only one because I see mostly android users with this problem. Is there anyone out there who knows how to go back 2 or 3 updates and delete the changes that were made? It’s ridiculous. It worked absolutely fine for me for the past 3 1/2 years, but one bored simpleton decides to make a change to justify their salary and everyone else has to deal with the fallout. All I wanna do is use my **bleep** mobile app. If everyone starts deleting it, #Roku‘s gonna be obsolete. It’s not like there’s no competition out there. How about fixing the **bleep** update

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Updates that disrupt mobile app remote xcon

Hi @Dawnrose,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about the inconvenience that this may have caused you. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us the details:

• When did the issue occur?
  • What is the current software version of your Roku device? This can be found in Settings > Systems > About.
  • What is the model and version of your mobile phone?
  • Did you make any changes to your Wi-Fi router, such as passwords?

In the meantime, kindly try to restart your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart. You can also restart your mobile phone and Wi-Fi router to ensure that any temporary glitches are fixed.

We'll be waiting for your response and updates on how the suggested troubleshooting goes.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos