Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iceberg
Visitor

Update 5.3 subs issue (Build 5015)

Hello Everyone, I am having some issues with my Roku 1. The subtitles used to work fine but not anymore. With the new update they implemented a new Captions feature in Settings, but I cannot see it. Its not there trust me. My build is 5015, most people are talking about other builds. I have all my family with Roku's so its not just mine (About 20-25 rokus linked to my account, all Roku 1's). I would like to change the Build of my Roku to one that does support this caption feature. It is very important to mention that I am not in the US... Is there such a thing to "Change a Rokus Build"?... All the Rokus are bought in the US, and are registered with an American Payment Method...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kc8pql
Visitor

Re: Update 5.3 subs issue (Build 5015)

It is very important to mention that I am not in the US...

Yes, it is very important. Where are you? If you are not in the US, UK, Canada or Ireland you currently will not have a captions option in the main menu.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Update 5.3 subs issue (Build 5015)

Anyone outside the USA with this issue, PM me the serial number of your device, we have a special software update group to put you in.

- Joel
0 Kudos