Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haamro
Level 7

Unable to Install 2 app on ROKU

Hello there, I have been working with 2 ROKU apps ( Two different name , two different folder, different icons) on eclipse. But everytime I export one it replaces the other one in ROKU. As a result, I can only have 1 app on my roku.

Any idea why is this happening ? Also, Manifest file is different.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to Install 2 app on ROKU

You can only side-load one app at a time on your Roku.

- Joel
0 Kudos
destruk
Level 10

If you have 2 or more rokus, each one can hold a different development app with a same or different package key.
0 Kudos
Komag
Level 9

can you package one up as a private channel, then load that and side-load the other?
0 Kudos
haamro
Level 7

"Komag" wrote:
can you package one up as a private channel, then load that and side-load the other?

I haven't tried that. I will do that later today. But is kind of annoying that you cannot have two developer app installed in one roku.
0 Kudos
haamro
Level 7

It worked, thank you. But I still wish I could just install both from eclipse as a developer app so that I could work on both.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Level 7

I don't understand what you mean by "work on both". You can only run one app at a time. Does it take a long time to download your app to the unit? Or what would be the benefit of having more than one dev app installed simultaneously?

--Mark
0 Kudos
haamro
Level 7

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by "work on both". You can only run one app at a time. Does it take a long time to download your app to the unit? Or what would be the benefit of having more than one dev app installed simultaneously?

--Mark

Well may be I did not phrase it correctly. I mean I am developing two app (two different app) currently and it would be nice if I could install both dev app. I don't understand why I couldn't install two different dev-app on my device. and btw nothing wrong with load time.
0 Kudos