Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haamro
Visitor

Unable to Install 2 app on ROKU

Hello there, I have been working with 2 ROKU apps ( Two different name , two different folder, different icons) on eclipse. But everytime I export one it replaces the other one in ROKU. As a result, I can only have 1 app on my roku.

Any idea why is this happening ? Also, Manifest file is different.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to Install 2 app on ROKU

You can only side-load one app at a time on your Roku.

- Joel
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If you have 2 or more rokus, each one can hold a different development app with a same or different package key.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

can you package one up as a private channel, then load that and side-load the other?
0 Kudos
haamro
Visitor

"Komag" wrote:
can you package one up as a private channel, then load that and side-load the other?

I haven't tried that. I will do that later today. But is kind of annoying that you cannot have two developer app installed in one roku.
0 Kudos
haamro
Visitor

It worked, thank you. But I still wish I could just install both from eclipse as a developer app so that I could work on both.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

I don't understand what you mean by "work on both". You can only run one app at a time. Does it take a long time to download your app to the unit? Or what would be the benefit of having more than one dev app installed simultaneously?

--Mark
0 Kudos
haamro
Visitor

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by "work on both". You can only run one app at a time. Does it take a long time to download your app to the unit? Or what would be the benefit of having more than one dev app installed simultaneously?

--Mark

Well may be I did not phrase it correctly. I mean I am developing two app (two different app) currently and it would be nice if I could install both dev app. I don't understand why I couldn't install two different dev-app on my device. and btw nothing wrong with load time.
0 Kudos