Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shibuchakson
Visitor

USA Roku 2 xs in UK

I recently relocated to UK from USA and brought my Roku 2 xs with me to UK. I can get Netflix and most other channels with out any issue. But unfortunately I can't get bbc I player on my RoKu. I tried to log into my account and add the channel, but no luck.

Could some one please advise whether it is a software issue or not? Is there any fix for as I am desperate to get the I player.

Many thanks in advance.

Shibu
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: USA Roku 2 xs in UK

BBC Player is only allowed in the UK.
0 Kudos
shibuchakson
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
BBC Player is only allowed in the UK.

I am in UK
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

There are regional differences in the software. US boxes won't load UK only channels.
Your easiest fix is to buy a UK box.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Yeah, I read your post backwards. The Firmware on your US roku boxes should only load US channels. You need UK roku firmware to load UK channels in the UK.
0 Kudos
slingme
Visitor

I too am interested in downloading the BBC iPlayer. Can you download the UK firmware to your device so that it becomes a UK device?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Just factory reset your device, create a new Roku account from your computer in the UK and link your device to the UK account.

- Joel
0 Kudos