Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atheling
Binge Watcher

Re: Working Google Analytics Page View Tracking Code

I guess I'm going to have to start blocking Google analytics at the router instead of at the web browser...
0 Kudos
jeremyk
Visitor

Not to get into a philosophical discussion, but you do understand that every successful channel on the Roku uses a lot more than GA for tracking and many won't run if you block because they have to report usage data somehow (contractually required to do so). Crackle alone makes about seven analytic based requests when you hit Play and then continually pings back about every 30 seconds after that.

Also, this is a developer forum and what Trevor provided was a huge benefit to all independent developers out there. So he should be applauded for that.
0 Kudos
Trevor
Visitor

"jeremyk" wrote:
You should also considering adding things like language (utmul variable) and hopefully as they roll into non-English countries they will start exposing this to us explicitly. It just makes it a little prettier when you log into GA.

Done, check out the v1.1 update on the first post in this thread. 😄
*** Trevor Anderson - bloggingwordpress.com - moviemavericks.com ***
0 Kudos
Trevor
Visitor

Re: UPDATE v2.0 Google Analytics Page View and Event Trackin

Check out the update to v2.0 in the first post on this thread.
*** Trevor Anderson - bloggingwordpress.com - moviemavericks.com ***
0 Kudos
IRoad
Visitor

Hi,
I am trying the cod e(google analytics) on my .br, I put it on my appMain.br but from Google Analytics I don't have any response... where is the error, someone can help me please, thanks
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Thank You for making this available, Its certainly appreciated.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

I integrated Universal Analytics instead which is much much easier than trying to piece together what Classic Analytics is expecting. Universal Analytics has a new Measurement Protocol that is specifically used for stuff like tracking third party application within code, like the Roku.
0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

where in appVideoScreen.brs should I call the event using:
GATrackEvent("Page Title", "Page URL", "User Value", "EventCategory", "EventAction", "EventLabel", "EventValue")

so that it doesn't conflict with anything?
(still new to developing a channel)

thanks in advance
Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

First off, I am very grateful that that tool was created. I have set up several GATrackEvent()'s. I put values into all 7 parameters. The only value that I can find in Google Analytics is the value that I used for "UserVal". It is called a "user defined value" in GA.

Where are the other values going? I have looked through GA and I can not find them anywhere. Do I have to set something up in GA so that these parameters are captured? What is the best way to organize this information so that it is meaningful? I could also use some more clarity on what these parameters mean inside of GA.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any answers or references to useful material.
0 Kudos
rbenditt
Binge Watcher

Is this tracking function still available for download anywhere? The link in the first post seems to be dead.

Thanks,

Ron
0 Kudos