Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fortscan
Visitor

UI customization & banner ad monetization

Hello,

Our team is working on various customizations to be able to include Roku as a supported device for our VoD service, which will be provided in a region outside the US.

We would be interested in knowing if Roku has ever evaluated the possibility of allowing customization beyond the limits of the channels being developed. For instance, background image of main screen (recently changed after last FW update).

Also, has Roku planned a way of monetizing the banner that is published at the lower part of the home screen, which rotate different ads? In our case, and since the units will be distributed outside the US, it would be interesting if, at some time, Roku was willing to implement GeoIP selection at their edge servers/CDN, allowing targeted advertising with a business scheme similar to Google AdSense/AdWords.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: UI customization & banner ad monetization

Currently, we don't do any regional customization of the roku streaming players.

Roku owns the home screen does generate income from the home screen banner ad. All advertisements come from business relationships with Roku.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

Re: UI customization & banner ad monetization

Hi roku,
Roku owns the home screen does generate income from the home screen banner ad. All advertisements come from business relationships with Roku.

i want to publish my ad in Roku home screen banner ad. But i want to know what is steps there to publish your ad in home screen banner ad.

Note: i want only post my ad in home screen banner ad,not any channel for it. i mean i have not any channel, want to post my ad in home screen banner ad only. So please tell me what i should for it. As a developer i want to ask how can i publish my ad for it? where to upload my package for this?
0 Kudos