Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Re: UDP Broadcast Responses

By the "Roku app" I should have said that it is the Roku remote control app for the iPhone. It discovers all three devices.
The code I'm trying is running with the Roku BS SDK
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"greubel" wrote:
By the "Roku app" I should have said that it is the Roku remote control app for the iPhone. It discovers all three devices.
The code I'm trying is running with the Roku BS SDK

Still unclear, try and be VERY specific in what you say and how you say it. There is no one "Roku remote control app for the iPhone". There are many! There is "Roku" by Roku Inc. And then there is my app "Remote for Roku". And then there is "RokuRemote", which is for SoundBridge. And then there is "Roku Remote", roRemote, DvpRemote for Roku, Savvybud Roku Remote two flavors, Keyu Roku Remote... not to mention Dijit. Each probably has slight differences in detection.

By saying you are trying to use Roku BS SDK, do you mean you are trying to use roDatagramSocket component from BrighScript?! How are you sending your UDP datagrams, share a code snippet!
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

OK, it's "Roku" by Roku Inc. and using the roDatagramSocket object. Will send snippet via PM.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"greubel" wrote:
OK, it's "Roku" by Roku Inc. and using the roDatagramSocket object. Will send snippet via PM.

Oh i see now. It have seemed unlikely you are trying to do SSDP on a Roku. Ok so i took your code and tested it on Roku2 (3100X) and Roku1 (2050N), both connected over WiFi WPA2 to Linksys WRT350N. The behavior is exactly the same like in your case - Roku2 picks up responses from both boxes, where on Roku1... there is nothing. I think you have legitimate beef to pursue with Roku Inc on that.

At this point what surprises me is that the code worked on N1000, so you said - if so it is not ARM vs MIPS, rOS 3 vs 4 issue? Double check with the N1000 (if you haven't already) and cross your fingers s/o @Roku will reply.
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Thanks for the double check !
The only difference is that the n1000 does not receive NOTIFY but the response for the M-SEARCH functions.
0 Kudos