Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewManLiving
Visitor

Trouble setting up Eclipse...

Did you try to install the new version over
The older one
Surprised that there are no release notes
No one seems to be answering questions
About the new version.
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
lhgrubbs
Channel Surfer

Re: Trouble setting up Eclipse...

Eclipse for PHP Developers

Version: Helios Release
Build id: 20100617-1415

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.php, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Problems downloading artifact: org.eclipse.update.feature,com.roku.brightscript.ide.eclipse.core,1.0.0.201406201331.
Error reading signed content:/var/folders/sy/jxtyks354s5fscs5cfk6rl240000gq/T/signatureFile3133757898117081408.jar
An error occurred while processing the signatures for the file: /var/folders/sy/jxtyks354s5fscs5cfk6rl240000gq/T/signatureFile3133757898117081408.jar
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.roku.brightscript.plugin,1.0.0.201406201331.
Error reading signed content:/var/folders/sy/jxtyks354s5fscs5cfk6rl240000gq/T/signatureFile4584426288811697555.jar
An error occurred while processing the signatures for the file: /var/folders/sy/jxtyks354s5fscs5cfk6rl240000gq/T/signatureFile4584426288811697555.jar
0 Kudos
lhgrubbs
Channel Surfer

I have verified JRE 1.7 is installed and selected on MAC and Eclipse.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

Still digging into this issue, but I've already reproduced this problem on OSX on eclipse versions prior to Juno (4.2), with the Java and PHP packages.
I do not see this issue on Juno, Kepler, and Luna on OSX - which are all 4.x eclipse version lines, while Helios and Indigo are 3.x.

With the info I have so far, it appears to be a difference in the signature format between eclipse versions, most likely exposed by a change in the build process some months ago.

FYI, I have not tested yet on other operating systems, and probably won't for at least a few more days, since I'm on vacation.

Note, the PHP plugin and several other scripting language plugins on the newer eclipse releases also have another separate issue - they have a dependency conflict with the BrightScript plugin ( a DLTK plugin version conflict ).

So, I recommend installing second, a more up-to-date, eclipse instance (use either the "standard" version or the plain java version - not PHP) and installing the BrightScript plugin there.
Be advised that Luna has not been tested beyond the basics yet, so Kepler is your safest bet at present.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

Additional info -
Verified that this is a problem on windows and linux as well, not just OSX, on Eclipse 3.x versions (i.e. Helios & Indigo).
Eclipse 4.x versions (Juno, Kepler, Luna) are uneffected.
Looking into the cause, more to follow...
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

Update...
I've confirmed this is a build issue related to the code-signing of the plugin jar files - this happened when we switched the build over to use Java 7 (which uses a different default set of signing and digest algorithms not supported by Eclipse 3.x versions).
Once I've had a chance to communicate with the build engineer at Roku, we should be able to quickly publish a new version of the plugin with the older more universally accepted signing & digest algorithms.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

FYI, the fix for this issue was applied to the plugin build process (confirmed it was the aforementioned code signing issue).
The currently published plugin should now work with both Eclipse 3.x and 4.x versions.
0 Kudos