Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PositivePeak
Visitor

Tribute to a developer

I could go on and on, but it must be said that the new Positive Peak Radio & TV Channel upgrade was an amazing breeze. Our developer & consultant, jbrave, was truly inspiring. Working at a rate that was beyond fair, J took our channel to amazing heights.

Just look: https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelCode/?code=LWKDS

You know when you encounter a developer who is more than a "by the book" guy. This time, ours was an artist. If you ever need a hard working developer who throws his heart into a project, PM jbrave here in the forum. We, at Positive Peak, are very impressed and thankful for him & will be developing more channels for Roku because of him. It had to be said.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Dave
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Tribute to a developer

Nice! Love the fades. Very slick!

As a heads up, the first time I launched the channel, The Animal wasn't behaving. There was no logo, and it just stayed on the poster screen when the music started.. no fades. A close and re-open had Surfside 1640 do the same, but The Animal was working. After a few more tests, it seems like it might have something to do with launching a station before they've all loaded.

Nice job, jbrave!
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

just installed it - working here. The images are hosted on a server, and there is some anti-caching code that appends a random string onto the end of the image urls. Maybe the problem was network related? If anyone else sees something like this, please PM me or Dave.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

I bet its the RequireAllImagesToDraw(true) - if the image hasn't downloaded yet, then it probably won't draw. Probably, the filesize of the images should be reduced a bit.
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Looks good guys
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos