Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

Transfer Roku Channel

Hello, is it possible to transfer a Roku App (Channel) from a roku developer account to another developer account? Thanks.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Transfer Roku Channel

If the developer who currently owns the channel authorizes the transfer, then we can move it.

- Joel
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Thanks!
0 Kudos
ryancl
Visitor

What is the process involved in doing this? Just submit a request on the forum here? Or is there a form somewhere?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Send an email to jbraverman [at] roku.com or pellis [at] roku.com

have the person who currently has the channel in their account send an email authorizing the transfer.

- Joel
0 Kudos
tramsay
Visitor

Are these contact emails still correct. We have a number of channels being handled by someone outside of our organization and want to bring them internal.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

You can email the jbraverman address, or email developer [at] roku [dot] com. The "someone outside our organization" needs to agree to the transfer and send us the authorization email.

- Joel
0 Kudos
tramsay
Visitor

That is fine. Thank you so much for your quick response.
0 Kudos
michelperez
Visitor

Hi,

Is this still the best way of transferring a channel between developers accounts?. We are taking over a Roku channel to continue its development / maintenance and we want to be able to do the process smoothly with no effects to current users.

THanks!!
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I just went through this. Contact partnersuccess at roku.com and they should send a form requesting the required information. Hopefully you have the support of the current developer. Keep in mind that any information stored in a user's registry is tied to the Dev ID used to package the channel. You'll need an old package (you should be able to download it once the transfer is complete) and the password (get it from the old developer) in order to rekey the development box before packaging your updates. If nothing was stored in the registry or you don't care if that information is lost, you don't need to rekey.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos