Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Nair
Visitor

Tokenization CDN URL

We are developing a ROKU application in which we are using Roku Player. For security reason we are using tokenization CDN URL ,while running the Roku application we are getting an error in the player like :" The format is not supported or the media is corrupt, unspecified or invalid track path/URL."

We check the same application without tokenization CDN URL(Simple URL) then its working.

Does this means that the ROKU player doesn't support tokenization CDN URL ?

If the ROKU Player supports tokenization CDN URL, then why we are getting this error?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Tokenization CDN URL

Respectfully, WTF is "tokenization CDN URL"?!  :wink:
You keep repeating it like a mantra - 4 times verbatim - and i have no idea what you are talking about. You'll need to give specific, detailed example.
0 Kudos
adrianc1982
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:
You keep repeating it like a mantra - 4 times verbatim - and i have no idea what you are talking about. You'll need to give specific, detailed example.

tokenization is when you randomly generate a token or a key save it in a DB and delete it right after its used by your client. This way the live feeds are protected and can only be accessed by keys your server generated and handed over through secure mediums like https and used against a CDN.
At least thats what i understand and thats what we use, but we have private servers with private code running to handle tokens..
0 Kudos
Anil_Nair
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your kind words.
Tokenization is a process of generating random token or key with custom parameters and other parameters from the url which is generated by our own DB And appended with the playback url. This Tokenized url comes with a validity of five minutes. If the user try to play back the stream after the validity period, the url will not be authenticated or played back. If the user is trying to play a validated url, after authentication if the user is allowed to play the url, then the stream will be provided.
FYI - I guessed you might be aware of the name "tokenization" since its a name that is dealt in streaming field. My apologies of your ignorance on the term
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Like i said, "You'll need to give specific, detailed example."
Roku does not need to specifically support "Tokenization CDN URL" - that's just a URL with a query string, which work just fine with Roku, thankyouverymuch. If your specific case does not work, there is something broken there - maybe there is a redirect (or two, or three). Sniff your traffic and see. For help here, provide specific example URL that does not work. Yes, if you need help maybe you'll have to create one that's shareable to the world. Otherwise it's like phoning a random hospital and asking "why do i have a headache?" 🙂
0 Kudos