Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flingsoft
Visitor

Time for approval?

I was just wondering how long approval of a Public Channel takes? We submitted about a week ago and haven't heard anything. I assume due to the holiday, but just wanted some idea of how long the process takes.

Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
retrotom
Visitor

Re: Time for approval?

They sent out an email saying that they wouldn't be approving until mid-January (I think). I think the date was January 16th or something.
0 Kudos
flingsoft
Visitor

Great, thanks for the help. I never saw this email, so much appreciated.
0 Kudos
retrotom
Visitor

Greetings Roku Developer,

First off, this year has been a great one for the Roku Developer Program. When we launched the Channel Store a little over a year ago, we had but 13 channels. Today we have well over 100. This is due in no small part thanks to developers such as you. Thank you.

Secondly, this year is rapidly coming to a close and we wanted to let you know that if you want to publish your channel in 2010, you will need to press submit no later than next Monday, December 13th. We will be taking a break from publishing new channels over the Christmas and New Year’s break and will resume in the first week of January.

New Grid UI Features added in the 2.8 SDK
If you’ve been waiting for the ability to choose from different aspect ratio artwork and further customize the Grid UI experience, the 2.8 version of the SDK adds these features. Check it out at: http://owner.roku.com/developer/home.

Happy Holidays and we wish you a great 2011,

The Roku Developer Program Team

Web: http://www.roku.com/developer
Twitter: @rokudev
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

We wound down for a bit over the holidays and are getting back up to speed this week. We should be in touch shortly to start the process for any channels that were submitted after the cutoff in December.

Patrick
0 Kudos