Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosborne
Visitor

Thumbnail display mode for roSpringboardScreen?

Seems like we can only control the thumbnail photo on springboard screens using the "SetPosterStyle" method on the ifSpringboardScreen interface, with one of these two values:

"rounded-square-generic" – Artwork sizes: SD = 143x129; HD = 209x209 Note: is non-square NTSC pixel aspect ratio images. (Default)
"rounded-rect-16x9-generic" – 16x9 poster style. Artwork Sizes SD=177x90; HD=269x152

Is there anyway to control how the photo is scaled to fit that size, like roPosterScreen does? I would like to use the "scale-to-fit" mode that's available on the poster screens.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Thumbnail display mode for roSpringboardScreen?

"bosborne" wrote:
Seems like we can only control the thumbnail photo on springboard screens using the "SetPosterStyle" method on the ifSpringboardScreen interface, with one of these two values:

"rounded-square-generic" – Artwork sizes: SD = 143x129; HD = 209x209 Note: is non-square NTSC pixel aspect ratio images. (Default)
"rounded-rect-16x9-generic" – 16x9 poster style. Artwork Sizes SD=177x90; HD=269x152

Is there anyway to control how the photo is scaled to fit that size, like roPosterScreen does? I would like to use the "scale-to-fit" mode that's available on the poster screens.

I haven't tried this myself, but you might try ifSpringboardScreen SetDisplayMode("scale-to-fit"). I believe that should work, and is independent of the SetPosterStyle setting.
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Re: Thumbnail display mode for roSpringboardScreen?

Indeed, not sure how I missed that. Thanks
0 Kudos