Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiniFlyxtv
Channel Surfer

There was an error retrieving channel information.

Why am I getting this error? It's been this way all day. 

"There was an error retrieving channel information. Please try again by reloading your browser or contact customer service for more information."

Tre Williams
16 REPLIES 16
Nuglobal
Reel Rookie

Re: There was an error retrieving channel information.

I got the same message coming up npw: There was an error retrieving channel information. Please try again by reloading your browser or contact customer service for more information.

Did you get it resolved? How?

0 Kudos
MiniFlyxtv
Channel Surfer

No and I can't even reach anyone regarding this. I can't update any of my channels. This is day 2 now. Grrr

Tre Williams
0 Kudos
MiniFlyxtv
Channel Surfer

I just fixed the issue. Restarted my internet router and it all works now.

Tre Williams
MiniFlyxtv
Channel Surfer

Update...it didn't fix the problem.

Tre Williams
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

I have the same error with a few of my channels but not all channels. I get this message on a few: There was an error retrieving channel information. Please try again by reloading your browser or contact customer service for more information.

I contacted Roku Partner partnersuccess@roku.com and was told they placed a bug report but nothing yet!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
wdell1
Reel Rookie

Hello Everyone ,, I am new here , but I am also having the same problem..I thought It was a Windows PC problem so I pulled out a Mac and still having the problem. Most of the time when reading software the Mac will work but it was a no go this time.. So what do we do ??

0 Kudos
HumongousWin
Streaming Star

Spoiler
Did you figure out the answer to this problem yet? I've even tried creating a new profile, and still got this problem. I tried using different computers and different internet sources, still the problem persists. Roku isn't writing me.
0 Kudos
30amedia
Channel Surfer

developer error.jpgMy turn for this error. It would be nice if a ROKU tech could chime in with a long term solution. Developer time costs money

wdell1
Reel Rookie

Hello everyone ,, Not sure if this will help everyone with this problem.. It did help me.. If you are going threw the options , when you get to the section that tells you that u can customize your link that people will use the test your app ,, DO NOT CHANGE THE LINK..  Go with the default link. That is the only thing I did.. And everything works.

0 Kudos