Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoffmcs
Visitor

Theme question

Is there any way to change the text color for the category selector buttons or the overlay buttons on the slideshow? They are currently a orange color and could not find a theme setting to change them.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Shlepzig

DVP Component Reference

In the DVP Component Reference Manual Sec 4.2 roApplicationManager (p15 to p19).

You can find the answers in there, specifically p17.

-Shlep'
0 Kudos
hoffmcs
Visitor

Re: DVP Component Reference

"Shlepzig" wrote:
In the DVP Component Reference Manual Sec 4.2 roApplicationManager (p15 to p19).

You can find the answers in there, specifically p17.

-Shlep'

I tried all of the Button* items and none of them seemed to have an effect.
0 Kudos
Shlepzig

Re: Theme question

Sorry to hear that.

I just passed it on from the manual. I have not started messing with those bits myself so I can't add anything more to the conversation. When I have experience there, I will circle back and let you know what my experience was.

-Shlep
0 Kudos
Shlepzig

I worked with some of the Theme settings tonight with predictable results.

I edited the appMain.brs file in the videoplayer example provided in the SDK.

I inserted some new code in the sub initTheme() just after line 47.

I set some random button colors and background colors to some eyesplitting greens and pinks and they rendered as expected.

-Shlep
0 Kudos
hoffmcs
Visitor

I am still having no luck. Can you give me some examples of what you put in the theme section? Thanks for helping me out with this.
0 Kudos
Lionheart
Visitor

I'm having the same lack of results. I would like to change the button colors, but none of the suggested code works after line 47, thus we must be missing something.

Can anyone share some specific code samples that will allow theme changes to work as advertised?
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

The documentation in incorrect for Springboard Button themes.... You can use these parameters to set springboard button theme colors:

theme.ButtonMenuHighlightText = "#FF0000"
theme.ButtonMenuNormalOverlayText = "#00FF00"
theme.ButtonMenuNormalText = "#0000FF"

These lines can go past "line 47" of appMain.brs in the videoplayer example

--Kevin
0 Kudos
Lionheart
Visitor

"RokuKevin" wrote:
The documentation in incorrect for Springboard Button themes.... You can use these parameters to set springboard button theme colors:

theme.ButtonMenuHighlightText = "#FF0000"
theme.ButtonMenuNormalOverlayText = "#00FF00"
theme.ButtonMenuNormalText = "#0000FF"

These lines can go past "line 47" of appMain.brs in the videoplayer example

--Kevin

I pasted this exactly into the code, uploaded, and it did nothing. Still orange text on black buttons. Anything else required?
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

I just ran it, and I get the red highlighted button on the springboard screen.... (there's only one button so you can't see the unhighlighted color).

Maybe your thinking of the filter bar on the PosterScreen? If so, those theme parameters are documented correctly as:

theme.FilterBannerActiveColor = "#FF0000"
theme.FilterBannerInactiveColor = "#00FF00"
theme.FilterBannerSideColor = "#0000FF"

--Kevin
0 Kudos