Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

The non-scrolling navigation strip (web channel store)

Trying to spin-off this separate subject from viewtopic.php?f=34&t=93606&p=525112#p525112:
"belltown" wrote:
Another bug I just noticed: The purple navigation strip at the top of https://channelstore.roku.com/browse is messed up. If you keep clicking the left/right navigation icons to move to the next category, eventually the left/right icons disappear and you can't navigate further using them, and you end up on the category for Top Paid (which doesn't even exist in the list of categories in the navigation strip).

Good job at noticing when exactly the left/right navigations in the purple strip disappear! I saw that too but compared to the rest, this is such a small beer i did not bother researching or reporting it - when you actually figured out what trips it.

A much bigger UX issue IMO is that said nav-bar is miserable at movement. It is supposed to scroll. It doesn't - instead it jumps from category to category, creating a great confusion as to what happened. I bet if there was a single intermediary frame it would create some sense of movement left or right - but there isn't, it just JUMPS to the new category, creating daze and confusion. I have tried multiple times to train myself into believing it scrolls... but i can't.

Is this perhaps a Beta version I'm looking at?

Ha! <chortle/>
We don't need no betas... those are for losers! RokuCo's Web Team do not follow stinkin' engineering practices. It's all about artistic inspiration ^ from the real world, maan. It's more of a combination of Monte Carlo method and pick-up sticks game. Throw the sticks, see where they fall - pull a stick or two, then call it a monthly release. Wait for any natural fallout, insert a stick^^ or two edgewise to prop it; now pull out a few sticks again and call it another month. Rinse and repeat.

(^) Cue
"If the Impressionists had been dentists" wrote:
Dear Theo
Will life never treat me decently? I am wracked by despair! My head is pounding. Mrs Sol Schwimmer is suing me because I made her bridge as I felt it and not to fit her ridiculous mouth. That's right! I can't work to order like a common tradesman. I decided her bridge should be enormous and billowing and wild, explosive teeth flaring up in every direction like fire! Now she is upset becuase it won't fit in her mouth! She is so bourgeois and stupid, I want to smash her. I tried forcing the false plate in but it sticks out like a star burst chandelier. Still, I find it beautiful. She claims she can't chew! What do I care whether she can chew or not! Theo, I can't go on like this much longer!

... As if that was not enough, I attempted some root-canal work on Mrs Wilma Zardis, but half-way through I became despondent. I realised suddenly that root-canal work is not what I want to do! I grew flushed and dizzy. I ran from the office into the air where I could breathe! I blacked out for several days and woke up at the seashore. When I returned, she was still in the chair. I completed her mouth out of obligation but I couldn't bring myself to sign it.
Vincent

(^^) Each stick being a library of the month from Oprah's Javascript Club 2.0.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: The non-scrolling navigation strip (web channel store)

Bug filed.

Well, I was going to file a bug, but as you know I like to be creative, instead I collected a random set of insects and spiders, and also included some choice animals from my collection of cryptozoological organisms I picked up on one of my travels into the Andes, which I delivered in a box to the Web team (Spiders, webs, how can this go wrong?) with a bright purple bow. I just know they are going to love it. Ah, I hear them screaming in joy already!

Now back to our conversation on Dentistry...
0 Kudos