Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandon15811
Level 7

Re: Roku PHP Remote

"jbrave" wrote:
The real question is why is there an open telnet port without any kind of password protection sitting open there on my network? Seems to me they should have put in an SSH port instead.

- Joel

If you have a router, it should protect the port
0 Kudos
jbrave
Level 8

Re: Roku PHP Remote

Plenty of folks who are not computer savvy have a dsl modem and a computer, and only use the windows or Mac built in firewall. The assumption they make for a hardware device they install on their network would be the same assumption they make for buying a toaster - total trust!

There should be some security on this port, even if it is only plain text password.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 9

Re: Roku PHP Remote

"jbrave" wrote:
the same assumption they make for buying a toaster - total trust!

My toaster catches on fire if I don't keep an eye on it while it's toasting... but I don't suppose that helps your argument at all Smiley Wink
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
EngoTom
Level 8

Re: Roku PHP Remote

"TheEndless" wrote:
"jbrave" wrote:
the same assumption they make for buying a toaster - total trust!

My toaster catches on fire if I don't keep an eye on it while it's toasting... but I don't suppose that helps your argument at all Smiley Wink


That's your own fault for buying an open source toaster. If you bought your toaster from Apple and bread from the app store you would have perfect toast everytime Smiley Happy

I once submitted my bread to the app store but apple told me they aready make bread so I guess you get only one choice.
0 Kudos
kbenson
Level 7

Re: Roku PHP Remote

Unfortunately, all the app store bread smells like farts now, and makes weird fart noises when you eat it. Very unappetizing.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
EngoTom
Level 8

Re: Roku PHP Remote

"kbenson" wrote:
Unfortunately, all the app store bread smells like farts now, and makes weird fart noises when you eat it. Very unappetizing.


That's because your eating it wrong.
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Level 7

Re: (Testers Needed) Roku Javascript/PHP Remote

I've completely updated the backend to the new ECP API. Link on first post.
0 Kudos
jbrave
Level 8

Re: (Testers Needed) Roku Javascript/PHP Remote

Tried it, works on my iphone. There probably needs to be some setting to make the screen non-stretchable, as it is very easy to accidentally zoom in or scroll when you don't want to. I'm pretty sure this is possible as some websites won't zoom in even if I want them to, and others will.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Level 7

Re: (Testers Needed) Roku Javascript/PHP Remote

"jbrave" wrote:
Tried it, works on my iphone. There probably needs to be some setting to make the screen non-stretchable, as it is very easy to accidentally zoom in or scroll when you don't want to. I'm pretty sure this is possible etteras some websites won't zoom in even if I want them to, and others will.

- Joel

It doesn't zoom on my my iphone 2g OS 3.1.2, and could you test the keyboard part, I think I have a bug where it wont backpsace the last letter
0 Kudos
jbrave
Level 8

Re: (Testers Needed) Roku Javascript/PHP Remote

Zooms on my 3gs os 4.0 annoying.

Wish: smaller arrows so the whole thing fits on the screen and doesn't scroll.

Yes, there is a minor bug with the keyboard. may have something to do with the autocorrect putting in chars that you didn't type. Sometimes an extra letter will show up that won't go away unless you use the arrows to go to "clear"

also, keyboard won't send space character! if I type abc bbc on the roku screen I get abcbbc

Here is some info on disabling the zoom:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=320; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;"/>

http://www.thefutureoftheweb.com/blog/a ... ipod-touch
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos