Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edunn
Visitor

Telnet Connection refused

Hi all,

I'm having a really strange problem. When I try to connect to my Roku device through telnet, I'm getting "connection refused".

I confirmed that developer mode is running, I even turned it off and then back on.

I type telnet 192.168.0.222 8085 (network settings on the roku box confirm this is the box's internal IP)
Then I get the following:

Trying 192.168.0.222...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.0.222: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

This worked last month... Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks so much,
Evan
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
agmark
Visitor

Re: Telnet Connection refused

Are you using linux? Google has many items related to this. Looks to me that they're all related to linux (which I don't use so I can't help in that dept). Have you changed anything with your OS since you were last successful?
0 Kudos
edunn
Visitor

Ah, it turns out it was the IT dept here, they changed the router hardware, and I wasn't aware of it. They fiddled with the settings and now it works fine again.

Thanks so much,
Evan
0 Kudos
agmark
Visitor

Gotta keep your eye on those IT guys. Never know what they're messing with.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.