Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daleus
Visitor

Developer Wiki

I was wondering if it would be possible for you guys to start a Developer Wiki so that all of the documentation could go on there. Right now I find myself switching back and forth between two documents just to get all the info that I need for the roXMLElement and the roXMLList. In addition to this, it would be a great way for the community to be more involved as they can provide examples in the wiki for how to do some common operations.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Developer Wiki

Good point!

This way also we can see documentation as it is being written, so there it won't be frustrating to keep hearing that documentation is coming "any month now" (or any year for that matter - because seems that documentation for 2011 rOSes will be coming in 2012). Not to worry, as long as the section is marked as "beta", there will be understanding some API may change.
0 Kudos
daleus
Visitor

Not only that too, but think about later on down the line when someone may be developing for an older version of the Roku that may run older firmware, since the Wiki keeps track of old info, someone could just go back to the information to see examples and documentation from when the firmware was in use.
0 Kudos
_Darrell
Visitor

No official response?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Since you can't get older firmware once your box is automatically pushed an update, I don't think that feature would be of much use to the Wiki - but the other stuff could be useful. 🙂
0 Kudos