Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

System sounds added to roAudioResource!

It looks like they've finally added the ability to use built-in system sounds with roAudioResource! http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/roAudioResource
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: System sounds added to roAudioResource!

Wow! Finally. Thanks Endless for noticing. If only there was a place where Roku could, you know, let us know this sort of thing had happened, like a bulletin board or something.
Nice to have that "'deadend" sound, I never recorded that.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Awesome! I had to add it in manually for my channel.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Cool. 🙂 That will save some space in the channel packages. When playing the default sounds, can we have them play at the volume the user has set on their roku box so it is standardized across channels without having to specify the 25/50/75 percentage volume trigger? Something like sound.trigger() would be the default volume based on the roku setting?
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
Cool. :)can we have them play at the volume the user has set on their roku box so it is standardized across channels without having to specify the 25/50/75 percentage volume trigger? Something like sound.trigger() would be the default volume based on the roku setting?

They do change with the system menu sounds setting, unlike user-recorded sounds. The docs show them set at 50 and thats what i tried and it seems correct.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

Been using them since I joined this little party in 2012.

dang it. even typed up a big reply about this a few days ago in some thread, but didn't hit submit after noticing the thread was over 5 years old. 😞
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"squirreltown" wrote:
"destruk" wrote:
Cool. :)can we have them play at the volume the user has set on their roku box so it is standardized across channels without having to specify the 25/50/75 percentage volume trigger? Something like sound.trigger() would be the default volume based on the roku setting?

They do change with the system menu sounds setting, unlike user-recorded sounds. The docs show them set at 50 and thats what i tried and it seems correct.

So if you change the setting in the roku menu, they're at the new volume without needing to change the script? ie if you go to settings/audio and change it to "off" then with the script volume at (50) they don't make any sound?
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
So if you change the setting in the roku menu, they're at the new volume without needing to change the script? ie if you go to settings/audio and change it to "off" then with the script volume at (50) they don't make any sound?

Yep.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Thanks!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"BradC" wrote:
Been using them since I joined this little party in 2012.

Way to hold out on us, man... 😉
They were just added to the SDK docs on March 31st.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos