Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supersc0ut
Channel Surfer

Stuck on retrieving - where did I go wrong?

Hi all,
I can't find any help doing a search - I have my channel up on the TV, and when I go to select a category, it gets stuck on retrieving screen - can someone help me figure out where did I go wrong? Can I only load MP4s or are there other formats I can upload?
Thanks!
Devon
The Recipe Channel
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
onevoisses
Visitor

Re: Stuck on retrieving - where did I go wrong?

First you need to post something from your debug logs,telnet port 8085 to your box and print the error or the console.use putty for windows or console for mac and linux.
Next you need to read the sdk documentation on what are the supported formats also use the search field on this forum to find similar problem to what you have.
Third and Final ,my motto is research on weekends and post questions on weekdays.You will get a faster answer on weekdays as most people have a life so do not expect much of an answer by posting a question on weekends.
Of course,me and my partner have a quarell thats why i am here on a weekend "I have no life"

Video Formats are here http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/RokuSDKv48/Developer+Guide#DeveloperGuide-31SupportedVideoFormats paragraph 3.1
debugging instructions are herehttp://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/RokuSDKv48/Developer+Guide#DeveloperGuide-13WhatDoINeedtoGetStarted paragraph 8.1

Since I am old school,Might I suggest you print a copy of this documentation so you can highlight notes,it have good tips for development.
Channel: Goaheadmission
O/S : Linux
Home media: MYTHROKUPLAYER With Homerun
0 Kudos
supersc0ut
Channel Surfer

Re: Stuck on retrieving - where did I go wrong?

Thanks, buddy, for the links and response!
I was able to figure it out, I had a mistake in my categories.xml file - I had the videos pointing to an old server instead of the current one! Just a simple copy and paste mistake!
So glad that I can post .movs, when I'm in Final Cut Pro, they render way quicker than .mp4s, so that's good news!
Devon
The Recipe Network
vanity code - recipenetwork
0 Kudos