Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String Localization

Can anybody let me know how to localize strings in scenography application used within the application at one place and call it whenever its used.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: String Localization

"ramyajawaharlal" wrote:
Can anybody let me know how to localize strings in scenography application used within the application at one place and call it whenever its used.


See SceneGraph Localization
0 Kudos

Re: String Localization

"RokuKC" wrote:
"ramyajawaharlal" wrote:
Can anybody let me know how to localize strings in scenography application used within the application at one place and call it whenever its used.


See SceneGraph Localization

I referred this page, but it has string localization for string translation. But i need to localize the hard coded strings within the application and localize it in a place and call it.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: String Localization

"ramyajawaharlal" wrote:
...
I referred this page, but it has string localization for string translation. But i need to localize the hard coded strings within the application and localize it in a place and call it.


Sorry, I don't know what you are asking for.  
The SDK supports that you embed English strings in your BrightScript code (wrapped in Tr() calls) and/or SceneGraph XML, and if you provide a supported translation dictionary those strings will automatically be translated to the user's current UI language.
If you want some other functionality, you are certainly free to implement other solutions.
0 Kudos