Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed up loading >16,000 media files from usb drvusing index

Hi

Looking to write an audio mp3 player with build in randomised slideshow running from an external usb drive. My first experiment with > 8k mp3 file takes upwards of 3 minutes for the app to locate out all the files before anything can happen. This strikes me as fairly unusable so I'm thinking of using an xml index that the system could use almost immediately, which could be re-indexed manually. Are there any examples / libraries showing how this can be best achieved, to save me re-inventing the wheel?

Thanks, Jerry
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kc8pql
Visitor

Re: Speed up loading >16,000 media files from usb drvusing i

Probably a topic for the developer's forum.
http://forums.roku.com/viewforum.php?f=34
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos

Thanks kc8plq, good spot. My bad, that's where I thought I had posted it! :oops:
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Probably the easiest would be to build a text file (text is faster to work with than an XML parser)
If you have all your media files in the same folder, something as simple as --
dir/b e: >list.txt

Then your app could load the list.txt file from the usb on the roku, tokenize the contents, and generate your listing.
0 Kudos