Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Re: Eclipse Brightscript Plugin Error

I just reinstalled the plugin and was able to successfully connect to my Roku and deploy a channel. I wonder if the developer password on the box you are deploying to has changed. If so, you should be prompted to enter the new password in the Deployment wizards screen. What happens if you change the developer password on the Roku and try again?
0 Kudos
rtalwar
Visitor

Thanks for your reply Malloys and RokuRob

I did try resetting the password however it still didn't work.Also I was able to connect Application Installer using the same password.
I will give it a try one more time
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

Confirmed this a bug in the new plugin version (tracked back to a somewhat recent code refactoring that allowed support for a new feature - semi-silent deployment from a toolbar button or keystroke sequence).

The bug will only show itself if you've never run the export wizard before for the current instance of eclipse. Instances that have previously sucessfully run the export wizard at least once, should not experience this bug - hence RokuRob's previous comment.

I've got a fix, and am just awaiting approval to do the check-in (once that's done the same approver should be able to publish the new version of the plugin fairly quickly).
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

This fix is now live on our server.

- Joel
0 Kudos
sonnykr
Visitor

Thank you Malloys, Joel, EnTerr and NewManLiving.

Seems like its fixed. Marking this discussion as solved.
0 Kudos