Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piyushg098
Channel Surfer

Sliding panel behaviour

I am using sliding panel in my project. Suppose I have panel A (on left) and B(on right) in a panel set. Now I slide to panel C from B and now my panel set has panel B and C. Similarly I keep on going level deep such that now panel set has panel E(on left) and F(on right).

Now I want that my panel set to slide and show the initial panel A and B directly once I do some action(say by pressing a button present on panel F).

How can this be achieved? It's similar behavior as you see on Roku home screen. For eg: If I am on Roku caption style setting and I press the home button, the screen slides back to the home page listing and animate to Home option irrespective of how many panels were present in between.
I tried goBackCount property of the panel but to no avail. Please help.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Sliding panel behaviour

I think if you remove all the nodes except for A and B the panels will automatically focus; did you try it?
Well the doc says you shouldn't do that.  But they don't say how to accomplish what you want, that's annoying!  Maybe you can send left key presses w ECP to do it?
aspiring
0 Kudos
piyushg098
Channel Surfer

I didn't try removing it since it says in doc.
0 Kudos
piyushg098
Channel Surfer

I did try removing the panels by using removeChild() but it seems that doesn't work in case of sliding panel since the panel count was not changing even after removing. Do you have any other workaround?
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

I've never done it but you could try sending left presses with ECP.
Alternative is build custom component that does what you need, but that's probably a long road.
aspiring
0 Kudos
grossmail1
Visitor

I would think you could get clever with using the goBackCount attr on a panel
0 Kudos