Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

SlideShow bug

Setting SetTextOverlayIsVisible(true) and SetTextOverlayHoldTime() to any value (including 0) causes the SlideShow component to just spew isPlaybackPosition events while the image doesn't change (the index returned is always 0).

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: SlideShow bug

Thanks for the bug report. I've confirmed this bug was introduced in v2.8.

We'll have a fix in an upcoming release.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
greno
Visitor

I believe I've hit a different bug related to this one. If I use SetTextOverlayIsVisible, the slides do not auto advance. Here is how I create the slideshow

slideshow = CreateObject("roSlideShow")
slideshow.SetMessagePort(port)
slideshow.SetPeriod(6)
slideshow.SetTextOverlayIsVisible(true)

With the above, the next slide will not display after 6 seconds, but will if I remove the SetTextoverlayIsVisible call. I also tried setting SetTextOverlayHoldTime, but that doesn't seem to work (the overlay stays forever) and has no effect on the SetPeriod.

I'm running version 3.0

(edit - hmm, seems like I just recreated the same problem. I should have read the original post more closely 🙂
0 Kudos
greno
Visitor

Is this still scheduled to be fixed at some point? I see it was reported back in 2.8 and still exists in 3.0. I'd like to use the overlay in slide shows, but it isn't usable as it stands now.

Thanks,
-Gregg
0 Kudos
roquoonewbie
Visitor

I see the exact same bug. Seems it has been the case for quite a while based on the history of this thread. Is there an ETA on when it will be fixed?

It basically makes text overlays unuseable.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

A workaround is to not call SetTextOverlayIsVisible(true) and just set the time with SetTextOverlayHoldTime(). I just tried it on 3.1 and I believe it works on 4.1 as well.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
roquoonewbie
Visitor

Great find, and thank you!
0 Kudos
TomCorwine
Channel Surfer

"renojim" wrote:
A workaround is to not call SetTextOverlayIsVisible(true) and just set the time with SetTextOverlayHoldTime(). I just tried it on 3.1 and I believe it works on 4.1 as well.

Any word on this? I'm still reproducing this bug on 4.9, and calling SetTextOverlayHoldTime() isn't overlaying any text for me.
0 Kudos