Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melkat
Binge Watcher

Simplevideoplayer Apple HLS example not working

We have a Roku2 XS which we purchased to test HLS live streaming development. However, when I try to modify the simplevideoplayer example to play the Apple HLS Test stream, it doesn't work. I uncommented out the Apple Test Stream as suggested:

urls = ["http://devimages.apple.com/iphone/samples/bipbop/bipbopall.m3u8"]
qualities = ["SD"]
StreamFormat = "hls"
title = "Apple BipBop Test Stream"

But after loading it, nothing happens when I click Play. Is there another playlist that does work? Is there something wrong with the Roku box? I'm able to see other live streaming content from other channels.

Any help is much appreciated.

Melkat
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
agmark
Visitor

Re: Simplevideoplayer Apple HLS example not working

There is an issue with the simplevideoplayer sample channel. You need to add a line to the video metadata.

Add: srt = ""
You'll see there's a srt= line in the first video, but it was left out of the other commented videos. Not having this value will keep the channel from playing.
0 Kudos
melkat
Binge Watcher

Thanks! That did it!

🙂
0 Kudos
botosh
Visitor

Do we live the amended file where it is or do we copy to another folder (and which one)

BTSinc
0 Kudos
agmark
Visitor

If you mean the appMain file, then you just edit that file and save it. You may need to open the file's properties and uncheck the,"read only" box so you can edit it. After you've made your changes you need to drop it into the Source folder located in the zipped simplevideoplayer folder and choose that zipped folder when you go to upload it to your box.
0 Kudos