Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Simple Grid with Details and Video Feed Question

You'll need to figure that out.  Your code needs to make sense of the feed you're using, or the feed needs to be modified to match what the code is looking for.
0 Kudos
ozarksvt
Visitor

Thanks, but this is a Roku example that duplicates a feed on several lines....Like saying here is a channel you can build if you can figure out the rest. =( I have seen several others ask the same question and are never given the final piece. It seems that this is a club that you really want to keep all your own. I posted "Roku's" feed which is lacking the answer needed to build out "their" example channel. So no one will help with this example build?
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"ozarksvt" wrote:
Okay, I am building out this Roku package "Simple Grid with Details and Video" but I am stuck. I need 5 rows and have all 5 show up on the dev instead of the 2 that it comes with, but all 5 show the exact same feed. How do I get each row to display it's own content? I would prefer to use a separate feed for each row....or have the feed pull from 5 different XML files. What do you need from me to help answer my question? :?

If you want the channel to do what you say you want it to do (have the feed pull from 5 different XML files), then it's a trivial change, no need to change the feed parsing code.

Add the url string as a parameter to GetApiArray(), and call GetApiArray() with the url string for each of your separate XML feeds. Do that as many times as you want. Add the results from each call to GetApiArray() to 'list', just like for the first two rows in the example.

-----

"ozarksvt" wrote:
It seems that this is a club that you really want to keep all your own

And I would strongly recommend you refrain from insulting other developers on this forum, especially those who have devoted hundreds or thousands of hours of their time over several years learning the skills they need to develop for this platform, and in turn passing their knowledge back to the community in the form of thousands of forum posts coming to the assistance of those less knowledgeable than themselves. This is not a "club that you really want to keep all your own". I could go on for hours about why that is but a) I'm really not in the mood; and b) I really don't think you'd get it.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

How will you learn if anything asked for is handed to you premade?  The SDK is free.  If you want it all done for you then there are people you can pay to do that.  The forum is more of a 'guide' to get you the basics, explain some key tips about how it works, to get you on your way.  Expecting more is being unreasonable.
0 Kudos
ozarksvt
Visitor

You are both correct. I have found several threads that have asked my question and all the answers back to those questions I am sure are correct without showing too much.They just did not reveal to a NOOB like myself the answer that I would need to finish. Thank you for the thousands of hours of tireless and thankless work. I really assumed I could get the help I needed here at Roku's forum. I have to now admit that that was stupid. I started this project weeks ago and am always "this" close. =(

If the purpose of Roku's forum is different than I thought, then forgive me. I know you are busy and I totally respect your giving people assistance. So if you will post your Fiver page links here I can get this all wrapped up.
0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Were you able to implement deeplinking with the Simple Grid template?
0 Kudos