Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scyber
Visitor

Shared Development and Vanity code portability?

I'm going to be working on a channel with someone else, what is the best/recommended method for channel management/publishing? Since I may have other channels that are not developed together, I don't want to give the other developer access to my Dev account. Should I just create a new Dev account for this channel and share the account details?

Also and related, is it possible to move a vanity code? I'd like to move the vanity code from my current channel to this new shared channel after it is developed. Can it be re-assigned?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kbenson
Visitor

Re: Shared Development and Vanity code portability?

"scyber" wrote:

Also and related, is it possible to move a vanity code? I'd like to move the vanity code from my current channel to this new shared channel after it is developed. Can it be re-assigned?

That's probably frowned upon, as a user could run across a link in the wild to add a channel, and if the link had been changed they could get something other than intended. If the channel is actually a successor to a previous channel, just updating the old one with a new version would seem the easy choice.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
scyber
Visitor

I guess that makes sense. The issue is that the vanity code is currently used for my version of the channel, and I wanted to move it to the shared dev account. I guess I could share my current dev account and create a new "personal" one.
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

That sounds like a workable solution with the minimum of fuss, provided there aren't other channels on the account you want to keep to yourself. Alternatively, maybe Roku can move the entire old channel to a new dev account, not just the vanity code. That gets around the channel code issue, but I have no idea if there's other stuff linking the channel to the account that makes it painful to move for them.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos