Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjbrown
Visitor

Setting the height of overhang image

I'm trying to add overhang images which are 90 pixels tall. For the grid screen, I set theme.GridScreenOverhangHeightHD to 90, and all is well:

But for the details "Springboard" screen, I can't find what theme property to set, to make the height be 90. And if I don't set the height, it shows up like this, with a blue stripe showing through:

What do I need to set to determine the overhang height, so that the blue mystery strip is not visible, and so that the breadcrumb text shows in the right place?

Thanks for any help,

-rob
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Setting the height of overhang image

You can't set the overhang height on screens other than the grid screen. If you want to share an overhang between the two, then you'll need to make it the full overhang height and add transparent pixels (or pixels the same color as your background) from pixel 91+.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
rjbrown
Visitor

Thanks.

BTW, it looks like setting the bottom of the overhang image to the same color as the background is the only option, since setting the pixels to be transparent leaves the ugly blue whatever-it-is showing through.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If you need the overhang at the same height for all your screens, you would make your regular overhang image for the gridscreen taller to match the springboard/poster screens.
0 Kudos
rjbrown
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
If you need the overhang at the same height for all your screens, you would make your regular overhang image for the gridscreen taller to match the springboard/poster screens.

Yes, I know. Our client has insisted upon a smaller overhang (like other channels have, such as netflix), and they want it the same on all screens.
0 Kudos