Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Select "subchannels" within Spectrum channel using Roku ECP

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am creating a web GUI that will allow me to control multiple devices at home including my Roku Ultra.

Using the Roku ECP (see below):

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/debugging/external-control-api.md

Is there a way to select a subchannel within a Roku channel? For example, we stream TV using the Spectrum channel. Once inside the Spectrum channel, is there a command(s) to select the ESPN channel vs say, Disney (etc)? The is to create a number keypad to "dial-in" a specfic channel rather than using the directional keypad to scroll up/down subchannels. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Select "subchannels" within Spectrum channel using Roku ECP

Jump to solution

You would likely need to add deep linking parameters to your ECP call. I don't know if those would be made available by spectrum.  You could try contacting spectrum to see if they would provide the linking parameters.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Select "subchannels" within Spectrum channel using Roku ECP

Jump to solution

You would likely need to add deep linking parameters to your ECP call. I don't know if those would be made available by spectrum.  You could try contacting spectrum to see if they would provide the linking parameters.

View solution in original post