Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexboyer
Visitor

Screenshot discoloration

Hello,

While taking screenshots of the roGridScreen, our designers noticed discoloration in the background behind the row titles as well as a border that is a slightly different color than what's specified in the theme.

Any way to correct this?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Screenshot discoloration

I've never seen anything that indicates the Roku is using profile-based color management. I know if I want to match a graphic to a spec'ed color in the UI, I profile it with NTSC(1953). The screen shots I've gotten are not accurate either, but I don't see how they would be. They should however, be consistent so you can set up photoshop actions to fix them.
I've seen the discoloration too, and it looks like some sort of anti-alising issue to me. I doubt Roku put a lot of effort into this feature, I wouldn't expect it to spit out perfectly rendered, properly profiled images.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

If you are using the mixed aspect ratio grid, you may see weird random discolorations in the background, especially on firmware 3.1 unless you set the theme.GridscreenBackgroundColor "#202020"

Aside from that, you'll find that colors are slightly different on television sets than they are on computer screens, grey can look like white for example.

- Joel
0 Kudos
alexboyer
Visitor

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

We are setting GridScreenBackgroundColor to #1B242D.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

I'm not sure if it's related to your problem, but that is not a valid value for GridScreenBackgroundColor. Per the doc, it must be a grayscale value; that is, the R G and B components should all be the same.

--Mark
0 Kudos