Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

SceneGraph "Up" to close screen

Is there a reason all the scenegraph samples removed the option to press Up to exit the screen?  For those users used to pressing Up with SDK1, would it cause a channel to be rejected if we included that in addition to supporting the all-popular back button for scenegraph channels?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: SceneGraph "Up" to close screen

No, i see no reason to reject channel for that - nor would i ask for permission if i wanted to do this particular one  😎

To me supporting "Up" to exit makes no sense since all remotes for quite a few years now have a "back" button - in fact i don't think there is a Roku model that can play RSG channels and came with non-Back-ed remote. But if "Up" to exit does not create confusion in your navigation flow - sure thing, add it as a silent alternative to Back?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: SceneGraph "Up" to close screen

Just for consistency - and the back button is a further stretch of the thumb... 🙂  We can't have our users burning the extra calorie to press back when they can press up.
0 Kudos