Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Level 10

SceneGraph "Up" to close screen

Is there a reason all the scenegraph samples removed the option to press Up to exit the screen?  For those users used to pressing Up with SDK1, would it cause a channel to be rejected if we included that in addition to supporting the all-popular back button for scenegraph channels?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EnTerr
Level 8

Re: SceneGraph "Up" to close screen

No, i see no reason to reject channel for that - nor would i ask for permission if i wanted to do this particular one  8)

To me supporting "Up" to exit makes no sense since all remotes for quite a few years now have a "back" button - in fact i don't think there is a Roku model that can play RSG channels and came with non-Back-ed remote. But if "Up" to exit does not create confusion in your navigation flow - sure thing, add it as a silent alternative to Back?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
destruk
Level 10

Re: SceneGraph "Up" to close screen

Just for consistency - and the back button is a further stretch of the thumb... Smiley Happy  We can't have our users burning the extra calorie to press back when they can press up.
0 Kudos