Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene Graph Store SDK not displaying subscription terms on PIN screen

Hi, 

I have a channel with an in-channel $9.99 annual subscription with a 30 day trial period. When I go through and make the purchase the PIN screen just says "$9.99 will be charged to your account", it does not mention that it is a subscription or display any terms and conditions. I can see other channels on Roku do this, but they all seem to be not using Scene Graph.

Could this be a Scene Graph bug, or am I not configuring something I should be?

Note, the channel is not published yet and I am using Test User Accounts in the Roku store to replicate this behavior.

Many Thanks

Ben
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
EnTerr
Level 11

Re: Scene Graph Store SDK not displaying subscription terms on PIN screen

0 Kudos

It does, however curiously I know there are some channels out there that get the full product details and terms and conditions to appear on the PIN screen for in-channel subs. I wonder if they are using an older sdk to build the channel? 

In my case this is a disaster as the product is an annual subscription with a free 30 day trial, but of course the user is just told the are paying $9.99, which they aren't until their free trial ends! This is going to result in a lot of people backing out of the purchase. 
0 Kudos

i just realized that post you linked is from 2011, surely they must have improved it since then  :?

And by the way thanks for you help as always.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Level 9

Sorry, I don't have an answer but I have a question related to your setup. Are there instructions you can point me too for setting up a channel this way? 

I would like to have;
in-channel $1.99 monthly subscription to all content with a 7 day trial period

So possibly doing the same thing you are doing, I may run into the same issue and find a solution.
Thank you
0 Kudos

0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Level 9

Okay, I'll see what I can do but just confused on all the coding changes that have to be done 😞 
"Open up the unzipped sample source code folder (or download the sample again) and open the components folder. Go into the RokuSignUp folder and open up the RokuBillingTask.brs"

I don't see this file in the SG Channel - https://github.com/rokudev/videoplayer-channel
so how do I incorporate the file and call upon it the SceneGraph channel that we have to convert too, to change it into an In-Channel purchace channel? Thanks
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 11

"shibuyashadows" wrote:
i just realized that post you linked is from 2011, surely they must have improved it since then  :?

The post is from 2016, it is me that is from 2011 :mrgreen:
(i know - it also confuses me sometimes that the forum shows on the left when s/o joined the forum. like... "why?")
0 Kudos

ah!  😄
0 Kudos