Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeftOne
Visitor

Re: Sample Apps and boilerplates

Don't forget the Popbox, Kenny. It's supposed to be released a lot sooner than the Boxee Box (sometime this month last I heard, or at least "Spring 2010"), offers several content providers (including Netflix, but no Amazon or MLB) and supports local network streaming and a significant list of video file containers and codecs. All at a reportedly similar and fairly competitive price to the Roku DVP ($130/$150 w/Wi-fi, last I heard). In my mind, the Popbox is going to be more competition for the Roku than the Boxee Box -- at least for now, primarily because it is going to be available much sooner and for a cheaper price than the Boxee Box. But you are correct, right now, the Roku DVP is the best STB out there IMO. That could be changing here very soon though.
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Netgear WNDR3400 (all Rokus wireless)
25 Mbps
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

Popbox still hasn't announced an official release date yet and they're not taking pre-orders either. I expect both (Boxee and Popbox) will be out before summer though.
0 Kudos
dsfilms
Visitor

question is anyone taking action on the request for a fully completed template?
0 Kudos