Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trader5050

**SOLVED** Screen lower in stack collecting events

Problem:
I'm developing a custom UI with button events / drawing, except for some reason, an roScreen BELOW another is capturing the universalControlEvent for the button(s) and getting me stuck in a loop.

1. Main screen, click settings
2. Settings gives a list of options, click one
3. an "are you sure" dialog comes up (default Roku UI)
4. Press OK
----- settings screen at point 2 thinks I just re-selected the same option again and the dialog comes back up. repeat ... forever.

Any help?

SOLVED
A dialog (from the default Roku UI) does not "cover" an roScreen in the stack and the stack will still get events. Create a new roScreen, display the dialog, and then kill it. The pseudo-screen will "capture" (but not do anything) with the events instead.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Screen lower in stack collecting universalControlEvents

"Trader5050" wrote:
Problem:
I'm developing a custom UI with button events / drawing, except for some reason, an roScreen BELOW another is capturing the universalControlEvent for the button(s) and getting me stuck in a loop.

1. Main screen, click settings
2. Settings gives a list of options, click one
3. an "are you sure" dialog comes up (default Roku UI)
4. Press OK
----- settings screen at point 2 thinks I just re-selected the same option again and the dialog comes back up. repeat ... forever.

Any help?

What firmware version are you developing on?
0 Kudos
Trader5050

Re: Screen lower in stack collecting universalControlEvents

6.2 build 3672

edit: software update says that's the latest build

** SOLVED IT. See above **
0 Kudos