Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianc1982
Visitor

Re: SDK1 deprecation announcement

So if i read correctly if i have a private channel i have until 2019.

I can keep publishing new channels with old sdk and updating them right? privately i mean
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"adrianc1982" wrote:
"matrixebiz" wrote:
Which type is easier to convert the NewVideoPlayer channel too?

Id go with RSG its the newest and has a lot of customization. Just start building some samples and tweaking and studying its a lot harder than brightscript but not too hard, if you are fluid in brightscript you will figure it out in a couple days/weeks..

I would not advise that, it would be violation of the Geneva Convention Smiley LOL : @matrixebiz is smart but beginner at programming.

"adrianc1982" wrote:
So if i read correctly if i have a private channel i have until 2019. I can keep publishing new channels with old sdk and updating them right? privately i mean

Yes, that is my understanding too. They will work till they yank the deprecated components, scheduled > 12/31/2018. On a side note, it's fair to assume the old components will remain "forever" on boxes that are discontinued from maintenance (firmware updates) by that time.
0 Kudos
jaxfor3
Visitor

Will there be a replacement for roCodeRegistrationScreen?

EDIT: auth-linking-channel.zip in roku's sample github did what I needed: https://github.com/rokudev/sample-channels
0 Kudos