Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Re: SALES ACTIVITY link on the Developer dashboard

"cocotower" wrote:
My point is that the summary report worked well and gave us to the minute earnings for the month and a final amount that would be deposited the following month...  the time spent on importing and merging this raw CVS data into a spreadsheet may ultimately give the developer more proof of the transactions but I still think the summary report is also needed, and I'm questioning why it has been removed when it worked well.

Agreed.
0 Kudos
Reanimated
Visitor

I have to agree.  The new transaction reporting system is a step backwards in many respects.

1. Viewing aggregate information for all channels seems impossible.

2. Viewing the data on a specific channel is more difficult.  I literally have to scroll down to get the horizontal scroll to be visible.  If I view a year's data I get two vertical scroll bars next to one another.

I would like to have the option of using the old system, or give us more power to build queries that could make similar reports (The largest being queries containing data for multiple channels). 
0 Kudos
ioan
Roku Guru

"Reanimated" wrote:
I have to agree.  The new transaction reporting system is a step backwards in many respects.

1. Viewing aggregate information for all channels seems impossible.

2. Viewing the data on a specific channel is more difficult.  I literally have to scroll down to get the horizontal scroll to be visible.  If I view a year's data I get two vertical scroll bars next to one another.

I would like to have the option of using the old system, or give us more power to build queries that could make similar reports (The largest being queries containing data for multiple channels). 

Agreed. The old system was WAY more useful than the crap they made available now. Like you said, give the new system as an option, but do not remove something that developers were using daily to check the channels stats.
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Here’s what I was told today: 
Please note that the tool is still in development. It has many more details and we are working on adding additional helpful details like totals. We understand this can be tedious, but we are continuously work on building this report to be more user friendly!”

If it’s STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, why would you remove the working one? Leaving an incomplete reporting tool.

Is it because, while it’s in development it would show different figures....albeit slightly....I’m guessing....and that would spark questions that would be difficult and time consuming to answer?
0 Kudos
ioan
Roku Guru

For me the new tool is useless. There is no information there that I'll use regularly, maybe it will be useful once a year when I fill my taxes but other than that it's completely useless.

I used to check the sales report daily, now... God knows what is happening with my sales until Roku deposits it into PayPal. I guess that would be the only (easy) easy to know the revenue from my channels, wait for the monthly deposit.
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

My guess is that they broke or deleted the old one by mistake.  One thing I just noticed is that they are now obsfucating the Event Date column in the CVS spreadsheet file.  Where it used to show the date you made a sale, the date is now replaced with a code you can't convert to a date by eye.  This is becoming an integrity issue for me at this point.
0 Kudos
usaprotour
Streaming Star

so now I'm at the point where I will record my subscriber payment transactions every day on a board -
using Sales and transaction activity
Select a Channel
Roku Pay Transactions
Filters
Time Period
In the past 7 days
Run
Then count each transaction for the date
Then slide the bar over to $ amount
0 Kudos